With Halloween right around the corner I was inspired to makeover a cute curio shadow box into a haunted house vignette using some dollar tree items and black spray paint. This Halloween Thrift DIY is so easy and you can usually find these shadow boxes in just about every thrift store you go to. Along with this Halloween thrift DIY makeover we will also be making some bite-size Butterfingers.
I picked up some skeleton garland, creepy cloth, pumpkin salt and pepper shakers, nail polish and some black flowers to create my haunted house.
Our skeletons need some treats to hand out on Halloween night so let’s make some bite-size Butterfingers.
You only need 3 ingredients to make these delicious treats.
- 1 lb. candy corn
- 16 oz peanut butter
- 16 oz. chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- Melt candy corn in 15 second intervals in microwave or use a double boiler to melt candy.
- Add 16 oz. peanut butter.
- Stir quickly until well combined.
- Transfer to silicone mat or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Can also use an 8 x 8 dish if you want thicker pieces.
- Roll out mixture with rolling pin and cut into desired bite-size pieces.
- Freeze or refrigerate 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler, add 2 tsp oil to help keep mixture velvety smooth.
- Quickly dip pieces in melted chocolate and lay on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set.