Who doesn’t love a well-organized pantry- especially one that looks great, too? But let’s face it, organizing a pantry can also cost a pretty penny and if you’re anything like me, you want to organize on a budget. I do believe in investing in pieces that will last but that doesn’t mean you have to pay an arm and leg for them. Let’s walk through how we can get a beautiful AND organized pantry without breaking the bank.
- Plan first! Don’t buy too many baskets, jars and containers if they’re not needed. Write a list of everything in your pantry that will need a container along with the size of containers you may need. Planning in advance will cut your costs and save you money in the long run.
2. Shop thrift stores and flea markets for second hand baskets, containers and jars. Don’t be afraid to shop second hand for items. Most of the time all the items need are a good thorough cleaning once you get them home.
3. Buy mason jars in bulk and use them to store dry goods in your pantry. If you’re afraid you may not remember what’s in each jar, you can purchase chalkboard labels or make your own with a label maker.
4. One way to achieve a beautiful pantry on a budget is by taking the minimalist approach by using only glass containers for a neutral look. Glass containers are relatively cheap and the best thing is they clean beautifully and you can see everything you have on hand at a glance.
5. Lastly, use what you already have. If you don’t have any money to organize your pantry, you can use cereal boxes, jelly jars and empty coffee creamer containers as storage for your pantry.
These are a few ways you can achieve a beautiful pantry on a budget. What are some ways you’ve organized on a budget?